India’s agency NITI Asyog released the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) for India (2020-21).
According to the progress made in the social, economic, and environmental fields, this list ranks all the states and union territories.
Let’s have a look at the performance of the states:
- The SDG index for 2020-21 shows that Kerala has topped the list once again with a score of 75
- Both Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu are in joint second place
- Among the UTs, Chandigarh is on top
- The states of Mizoram, Haryana and Uttarakhand have shown significant improvement from 2019
- Bihar, Jharkhand and Assam are in the bottom three
The NITI Aayog is a government agency that aims to promote welfare among the people by improving the coordination between the state and the central government.